Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank You Kindly...






I just received a Thank You card from a friend that recently tied the knot. I will say this is the quickest Thank You card I have ever received (2 weeks to be exact!)...which I LOVE! 

When I used to work for the Bridal Registry at Bloomingdales, brides would always ask when was it the best time to send thank you cards for gifts received. In my opinion, I would routinely send them once a month just so your friends and loved ones knew you received that special something you've been vying after for you and your soon to be spouse. I know, once a month is nuts right?! Not if you're on top of it! I've seen spreadsheets of gifts received and boxes checked if a note has been sent out. Some as lengthy as 3 pages (single space!). So no excuses.

Believe me when I say, you don't want to have to do this when you have returned from your honeymoon, fully settled into your "married" home, and got back into your normal routine because by that time it'll be 5 years.

So create that gifts received folder on your desktop and have your hunny help you keep track of all of the goodies and gift certificates. Because someone dearly thought of you, so in return thank them in a timely manner. 

x, Yoleine 

photo courtesy of Love vs Design

Also check out Emily Post's Do's and Don'ts of  Thank You Notes: Wedding Thank You's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also enjoy...

Related Posts with Thumbnails